- Competitors must wear appropriate footwear, i.e. athletic shoes or weightlifting shoes. Competing in bare feet or open-toed shoes is strictly prohibited.
- Shirt sleeves must not cover the elbows. Shorts must be above the knee. Long arm tops and pants (even skin tight) are prohibited.
- A weightlifting belt no wider than 12 cm may be used.
- Wrist wraps no wider than 12 cm may be used.
- Neoprene knee sleeves no wider than 25cm are allowed. Knee braces may be used.
- Ipods/headphones are not allowed during the competition.
- Sports tape covering the hands or gloves of any type are not allowed during the competition.
- Competitors must take care of their own magnesium chalk needs.
- Rock climbing chalk bags may be used.