Each athlete has 30 min to perform as many repetitions as possible without placing his/ her kettlebell(s) down. The athlete may change hands at will. If the athlete puts the kettlebell(s) down before the 30 minutes are over, his results will be voided (score = 0).
Athletes must compete in the same discipline at each of the 3 stages throughout the league, but may use different kettlebell sizes. If any athlete wants to, it is possible to compete in more than one discipline – or all of them.
Athletes compete according to their discipline and weight category, using a coefficient based on the kettlebell size they chose to lift.
- Women: -60, 60-70, +70kg
- Men: -75, 75-85, +85kg
- Weight fluctuations: an athlete may end up being in different weight classes over the course of a year. However, his/her heaviest weight category will be used for the final score.
- In the case of a tie, the athlete with the lowest body weight wins.
Age is calculated according to the athlete’s year of birth, NOT the actual birthday.
- Junior division: Under 15
- Open division: 15-49 years
- Veteran division: Over 50 (Veterans are free to compete in the open class)
One Arm Disciplines:
- Long Cycle
- Half snatch
Two Arm Disciplines:
- Long Cycle
- Half Snatch
Kettlebell Size & Coefficients
In 2019 a whole new coefficient system was introduced. The new 2019-coefficient does not differentiate between junior, men, women og veteran and it is the same for all disciplines.
|KB Weight in kg||Coefficient|
Check with the organizer of an event which sizes will be available to compete with!
Score = repetitions * KB coefficient
The score from each stage is accumulated into a final total score.
If a male athlete does Half Snatch with 24 kg and achieves 420 reps.
Score: 420 x 2,49 = 1045,80 points
A female athlete does double LC with 2x10kg and achieves 275 reps.
Score: 275 x 0,94 = 258,5 points