Each athlete has 30 min to perform as many repetitions as possible without placing his/ her kettlebell down. The athlete may change hands at will. If the athlete puts the kettlebell down before the 30 minutes are over, his results will be voided (score = 0).
Athletes must compete in the same discipline at each of the 3 stages throughout the league, but may use different kettlebell sizes. If any athlete wants to, it is possible to compete in more than one discipline – or all of them.
Athletes compete according to their discipline and weight category, using a coefficient based on the kettlebell size they chose to lift.
Athletes may be allowed to participate in the Ultimate Girevik League through video submission. The video submission must judged and validated by an IKMF certified judge. By contacting your IKMF country representative you can get help to find a judge. The judge does not have to be from your own country.
Video submissions must be accessible online and contain evidence of body weight and KB weight.
The Agreement between athlete and judge is voluntary non-profit and concluded directly between the parties, but still any arrangements for fair compensation for the judge is fully approved by UGC.
- Long Cycle
- Half snatch
- Women: -60, 60-70, +70kg
- Men: -75, 75-85, +85kg
- Weight fluctuations: an athlete may end up being in different weight classes over the course of a year. However, his/her heaviest weight category will be used for the final score.
- In the case of a tie, the athlete with the lowest body weight wins.
Age is calculated according to the athlete’s year of birth, NOT the actual birthday.
- Junior division: Under 15 ( use the women KB coefficients)
- Open division: 15-49 years
- Veteran division: Over 50 (Veterans are free to compete in the open class)
Kettlebell size & coefficients
Check with the organizer of an event which sizes will be available to compete with!
Score = repetitions * KB coefficientScore
The score from each season is accumulated into a final total score.